TUBI LAUNCHES “NEWS ON TUBI” ADDING LIVE STREAMING CHANNELS FROM 17 FOX TELEVISION STATIONS AND MORE THAN 25 PARTNERS
Also offering live news from NewsNOW from FOX, FOX SOUL, Bloomberg TV, NBC News NOW, and PeopleTV
Tubi to add more premium content to also include Euronews, USA TODAY News, and three of the largest local station groups in the country, including Hearst Television, with two others coming soon
SAN FRANCISCO, October 8, 2020 – Tubi (www.tubi.tv), a division of FOX Entertainment, today announced it has launched “News on Tubi” in the U.S. – a comprehensive way for viewers to access live, premium streaming news content – completely free. Initially available on Android, Amazon Fire TV, and the Roku® platform, News on Tubi features content from FOX Television Stations, NewsNOW from FOX, FOX SOUL, Bloomberg TV, NBC News NOW, PeopleTV, CBC, WeatherNation, Cheddar, Altice USA’s News 12 New York, fubo Sports Network, and Black News Channel.
News on Tubi provides live, local news feeds from across the country – giving viewers an easy way to stay abreast of current events regardless of where they live. Today, viewers have access to 17 feeds from FOX owned and operated television stations in top designated market areas (DMAs) that include New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, and Dallas.
“Tubi is building the best free news streaming offering, utilizing the local news expertise of FOX and other leading national and international news outlets to offer the information viewers need now more than ever,” said Farhad Massoudi, CEO of Tubi. “We will continue to evolve News on Tubi to offer more choices while also diversifying other content choices to serve our young, diverse, and growing userbase.”
News on Tubi will expand to offer stations from Hearst Television, as well as news from two of the largest local station groups in the country—covering 24 of the top 25 markets. Later in October, News on Tubi will become the first major streaming home for Euronews World live in the United States, launch the first 24-hour Spanish-language news stream from Estrella Media’s Estrella News network, and offer streaming news from USA TODAY.
In the coming months, Tubi will rapidly expand its streaming channels – adding content across national, international, entertainment, sports, and local news – as well as offer the service on additional devices. News on Tubi joins the streaming service’s massive collection of 23,000 movie and television titles – making it an easy way for viewers to tune in or tune out what’s going on in the world.
Starting today, Tubi viewers can enjoy:
- FOX Television Stations – Live and pre-recorded news without any geographic restrictions, viewers can see breaking news live and catch up on the news from anywhere:
- New York (WNYW-TV)
- Los Angeles (KTTV-TV)
- Chicago (WFLD-TV)
- Philadelphia (WTXF-TV)
- Dallas (KDFW-TV)
- San Francisco (KTVU-TV)
- Washington DC (WTTG-TV)
- Houston (KRIV-TV)
- Atlanta (WAGA-TV)
- Phoenix (KSAZ-TV)
- Tampa (WTVT-TV)
- Seattle (KCPQ-TV)
- Detroit (WJBK-TV)
- Minneapolis (KMSP-TV)
- Orlando (WOFL-TV)
- Milwaukee (WITI-TV)
- Austin (KTBC-TV)
- NewsNOW from FOX – A non-stop stream of breaking news, live events, and stories taking place across the nation. Experience news at it occurs with limited commentary and no opinion.
- FOX SOUL – FOX Soul is a live and interactive streaming channel dedicated to the African American viewer. Its programs aim to celebrate Black culture and deal with real topics that impact the everyday lives of the Black community through frank and insightful dialogue with local and national influencers.
- Black News Channel – The Black News Channel is the nation’s only 24/7 culturally specific news network that reflects the Black community’s diverse viewpoints.
- NBC News NOW – NBC News NOW is the 24/7 streaming service from NBCNews. NBC News NOW features deep reporting, thoughtful storytelling, and live, breaking news from the global resources of NBC News.
- WeatherNation – Weather doesn’t stop and neither do we. Watch WeatherNation anytime, 24/7, to get the latest local, regional, or national live weather news. Weather. It’s What We Do.
- CBC – CBC News is the most trusted source for breaking news from Canada and around the world, from Canada’s public broadcaster.
- PeopleTV – PeopleTV is the celebrity news and entertainment network powered by the award-winning PEOPLE and Entertainment Weekly newsrooms.
- Bloomberg TV – Bloomberg TV is a 24-hour global business and financial news network covering market trends, investment, international relations, technology, and more.
- Cheddar– Cheddar is the digital-first news network, providing quick updates on trending stories in tech, innovation, business, politics, media, entertainment, and culture in a fresh, fast-paced format.
- News 12 New York – Streaming for the first time anywhere, News 12 New York is the preeminent hyperlocal news service dedicated to bringing residents of the Bronx, Brooklyn, Connecticut, Hudson Valley, Long Island, New Jersey, and Westchester the best local news, traffic, weather, sports, and more.
- fubo Sports Network – fubo Sports Network is the live TV network featuring sports stories on and off the field. Watch live games, original shows, your favorite sports movies and more. All free.
Later in October:
- USA TODAY News – From the nation’s news to heartwarming human moments, sports, and pop culture, stay connected to the world around you with USA TODAY.
- Euronews – Euronews provides news with a European perspective to a worldwide audience. Their mission is to empower people to form their own opinion. Euronews trusts in people’s intelligence and ability to make up their own mind and seek to provide their audience with the greatest diversity of viewpoints through journalism that is unapologetically impartial.
- Estrella News – Estrella News is a 24/7 Spanish-language multiplatform news channel, delivering the most relevant and breaking news stories and reports for Hispanics. Coverage includes local, national, entertainment and sports from the best team of multimedia journalists.
- Hearst Television – Hearst Television owns and operates 33 television stations serving 26 media markets reaching over 21 million U.S. television households. Hearst Television, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hearst, is recognized as one of the industry’s premier companies and has been honored with numerous awards for distinguished journalism, industry innovation, and community service. Tubi will initially offer:
- Pittsburgh, PA (WTAE-TV ABC)
- Manchester, NH (WMUR-TV ABC)
With over 33 million Monthly Active Users (MAU) and Total View Time (TVT) surpassing 200 million hours of content streamed every month since June, Tubi has more than 23,000 movies and television shows from over 250 content partners, including nearly every major Hollywood studio. The service gives fans of films and television programs an easy way to discover new content that is available completely free.
Tubi is available on Android and iOS mobile devices, Amazon Echo Show, Google Nest Hub Max, Comcast Xfinity X1, Cox Contour, and on OTT devices such as Amazon Fire TV Edition smart TVs and soundbars, Fire TV streaming devices, Vizio TVs, Sony TVs, Samsung TVs, Roku, Apple TV, Chromecast, Android TV, Hisense TVs, TiVo 4K Stream, TiVo+, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4. Consumers can also watch Tubi content on the web at http://www.tubi.tv/.
Roku is a registered trademark of Roku, Inc. in the U.S. and in other countries. Trade names, trademarks and service marks of other companies appearing in this press release are the property of their respective holders.
Headquartered in San Francisco, Tubi (www.tubi.tv), a division of FOX Entertainment, is an ad-supported video on demand (AVOD) service with movies and television shows from nearly every major Hollywood studio. Tubi gives fans of films and television programs an easy way to discover new content that is available completely free. The service is currently available in the US, Canada, Australia, and Mexico.
# # #